Thursday, April 8, 2010

City Coffeehouse & Creperie, mon cheri!

Looking back on my law school career, I realize I spent 50% of my time at the library and the other 50% at the Creperie. Dan and I visit the Creperie so much that the employees know us by name, recognize our voices when we call to order, and tell us "We've missed you!" if we don't show up for a few weeks. The Creperie (as those in St. Louis affectionately call it) literally sustained my being for the past three years, and it will always have a special place in my heart.

I think I fell in love with the Creperie the minute I walked in. First of all, the menu is beautifully written on a colorful chalkboard. Sooo charming.

And second, who doesn't love indoor windows? Makes me feel like I'm sitting outside without having to deal with imperfect weather. (Don't fret, there is also legitimate outside seating for when the weather happens to cooperate!)

The crepes are perfection: buttery, thick but not too thick, and have the right amount of bounce. These crepes really take me back to the streets of Paris!

My absolute favorite crepe is their banana, sour cream, and brown sugar crepe. I order this crepe every time, and yesterday was no exception.

It sounds like it could be weird, but this crepe really is the definition of synergy. Each bite is so much more than just the sum of the individual parts. I can't even describe the amazingness. You will just have to order and confirm!

For the health conscious, the Creperie also makes some awesome salads. Our favorite is the market salad: fresh fruit, spinach, crumbled bleu cheese, and (the best) poppy seed dressing.

Another crepe I absolutely adore is the Florentine: creamed spinach, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and hollandaise sauce. I will wait here while you think about how deeelicious that sounds.

And here's a nugget of wisdom you'll thank me for later -- always tell them to add eggs to your savory crepe. We do this with every savory crepe, and it adds a wonderful fluff and flavor that complements everything.

Sigh, I'm going to miss this place!


City Coffeehouse & Creperie
36 N. Brentwood Blvd.
Clayton, MO 63105
(314) 862-2489

1 comment:

  1. Aw that place is TOO cute ! I love whoever's patient hands are waiting for the kill in the last picture :)

    ReplyDelete