Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Short and sweet for the fine fried chicken at Sweet Chick

I wanted to just write something quick for one of my new favorite fried chicken places in the city - Sweet Chick! I never made it to the Williamsburg location when I lived in that neighborhood, but finally, I could not resist the lure of their chicken and waffles any longer after finding their LES spot.


THREE delicious flavored butters come with your waffle order (our flavors were lemon - my favorite, berry and herb), and it is well worth your while to try each and every one of them with your waffle.


But Han! Please tell me about the chicken!


Okay, bossy (just kidding, I love you very much)! The chicken is good!! Nice and crispy, a little thin on the batter but plenty crunchy, and well-seasoned.


But the real perk is the waffle. Crispy and light and perfect to soak up all that BUTTERRRRR. I put a little pat in each cube and then drench all that in syrup, but you feel free to eat it however you like (just make sure you use all that BUTTERRRR).


And definitely! Save room for dessert !! !!! ! !!

The toffee pudding is the best - a jarful of HOT HEAVEN drenched in toffee caramel and oozy goozy yumminess.


The peanut butter pie is a healthy portion of love in a bowl also, but gets quickly outshined by the toffee pudding. Please. eat. that. now.


I've since been to both locations of Sweet Chick (LES one takes reservations!) and love them both, because the chicken is consistent, the butters remain amazing, and the toffee pudding keeps me going on in life, because just knowing it is always there is all I need in life.

Han's Nonsensical Rating: Solid fried chicken, perfect waffles, and incredible toffee pudding.

178 Ludlow St, New York, NY 10002

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the delicious food item. I am thinking of making this food item, but it will be time consuming. I use http://www.chefonline.co.uk to order food online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your great post. Your post is really valuable and help me a lot. Waiting for your next similar post.
    餐饮管理软件

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bike or Motorcycle or Two Wheeler rentals made easy with Wheelstreet.in. We have bikes on rent in Bangalore. Two wheeler for rent include activa, pulsar, royal Enfield, Harley & hayabusa and many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Short and sweet for the fine fried chicken at Sweet Chick" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites North Indian Veg Restaurant | Sweet Shop

    ReplyDelete