Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Shu Jiao Fu Zhou Cuisine Dumplings and Make My Cup-Cake

Cheap dumplings near the B/D Grand stop?  Okay, I'll eat those.


They come steamed, in small (7) or large (12), with a complimentary bowl of super clear vegetable broth.



The skins are thin (lovely!), and chock full of chives and pork.  There is also another flavor (soy? sesame?) that's so Asian and familiar, that I've been wracking my brain over, but can't pinpoint.  It's the only thing that keeps me from loving these otherwise flavorful and juicy little wonton brain bits.  Lam Zhou, you still my boy !


Yesterday, I watched Throwdown with Bobby Flay: German Chocolate, and while I can't stand Bobby, and I normally can't stand German Chocolate cake, that show made me lust for it unreasonably, so I found myself walking around the corner to check his competitor, Make My Cake, out.  I mean, she puts chocolate chips in her cake.  I need that !


As you can see, this is not German chocolate cake, because they didn't have any.  They never seem to have any when I go in, so I'm beginning to think it's all an elaborate hoax to make me eat other inferior things.  Like this chocolate cupcake.


The cake is light, and a bit dry, and if it were not for the amazing, sticky thick chocolate icing (which appears on the German chocolate as well!), I might not have made it through this small cupcake.


But I did.  And I know you're glad.  Carry on with your day !

Han's Nonsensical Rating: Shu Jiao's dumplings are fine, but their peanut butter noodles (in wheat or rice!) are definitely the topseller here and cheap at $2!  Jury's still out on Make My Cake.  To be continued !

Shu Jiao Fu Zhou Cuisine
118 Eldridge St
New York, NY

Make My Cake
121 St Nicholas
New York, NY

1 comment:

  1. i have been craving dumplings like WHOA lately, and these look like just the ticket!

    ReplyDelete