Sunday, May 26, 2013

Grocery ! I Mei's Pearl Milk Ice Cream Pops

I found these at the 99 Ranch Market in Plano yesterday.  I wonder if they have always been in Asian grocery stores, and I have just been SLEEPING AT THE GROCERY CART WHEEL, because it combines my two favorite loves in life in one very portable package.


I mean.  Pearl milk tea.  As a popsicle??

How would that work?  How is that even possible??!

I stared hard at the package through the frosted freezer door at the grocery store, until I could stand the wait no longer.

I rushed home and ravaged the package immediately.  As you can see, I could not even wait to take a picture until after I stuck my giant chompers through it.


It did indeed taste like a cold cup of pearl milk tea !  The right side has a subtle, slightly bitter tea flavor with bits of chewy pearls, and the left side is sweetened milk, and together, it is simply magic.


I love these.
I hope you try them and fall in love too !

2 comments:

  1. I'm Caucasian but fell in love with milk tea, boba tea and true oolong tea ever since I visited Hong Kong. I found these in my local Asian foods grocer and tried them and fell in love! I like the tea side better but I understand you need to eat both sides in tandem to achieve that true "milk tea" taste. More refreshing and cooling than classic ice cream during hot summer, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete