Sunday, January 23, 2011

Guilt-free (kind of) Dining @ Seasons 52

Nothing on the menu at Seasons 52 is over 475 calories. Lemme try that again: nothing on the menu at Seasons 52 is over 475 calories?! This healthy-sounding metric would normally be a turnoff. Seasons 52, however, manages to defy all logic and deliver tasty, satisfying, and good-for-you creations across the board. The menu also changes multiple times throughout the year to reflect the seasons. I'll take any reason to add pumpkin to a menu in the fall/winter!

We started with the plum tomato flatbread with basil, roasted garlic, and melted parmesan.

I loved the crisp, thin flatbread. The best part was the burnt parmesan along the edges.

My dad ordered the chicken skewers with pineapple.

As you can see, it looks pretty simple and healthy, and my dad really enjoyed it.

My mom got the blackened fish tacos, which I thought were so adorable-looking.

It came with a chipotle cream and guacamole (which was more of a guac cream), and both added a nice zest to the tacos. Fresh, light, and delicious.

I went with the caramelized sea scallops with sun-dried tomato pearl pasta and roasted asparagus, and it was a fantastic decision.

The texture of the scallops was great; not too rubbery and not too soft. I loved the browning crisp on the top. The sauce they were doused in was also quite wonderful. The pasta was pleasant, and I can never get enough of asparagus. At this point I really started to feel guilty, like I was cheating the nutrition-data-gods. How the heck was this dish under 475 calories?! And how cool is the grilled lemon?!

My favorite part of the meal was their shot-glass desserts. They call them mini-indulgences, which I think is the best name ever. My parents told them it was my birthday, and they brought out this awesome dessert tower with a bday candle on top.

Too bad they weren't giving me all the desserts in the tower! A girl can only dream.

I decided on the mini pumpkin pie with double gingersnap crust and the lemon one (it had a cuter name that I forgot).

I've GOT to go back and try every single one of these mini indulgences. They're amazing! The pumpkin one tasted so smooth and fluffy with great pumpkin flavor, and the gingersnap crumbles added a perfect light crunch. The lemon one was also really smooth, though perhaps a tad tart for my taste. But I absolutely loved the candied lemon piece on top. Yumm-o.

Healthy never tasted so good...

Seasons 52
The Shops at Legacy
7300 Lone Star Drive
Plano, TX 75204
972.312.8852
Seasons 52 on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. ooooooh i was eyeing the edges of that flatbread! i love the low-calorie concept (it is so unlike us!), so glad to see low calories can still taste good!

    i must come along to help you try out those mini indulgences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a Seasons 52 near me and I've been wanting to try it for a while. This post definitely makes me want to go there now - that flatbread looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flatbread could have been my meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea this was in my neighborhood!! I'm going there this weekend! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes def go, Liz! try a reservation, cuz they get busy on weekends :) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete