Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cozy Dallas Brunch @ The Grape

Because the Dallas Observer crowned The Grape "Best Brunch," we had to try it out. John, creator of the Big D Bloggery, and I went a couple of months ago and had ourselves a fantastic brunch. (Remember to go on a Sunday, because it's the only day the brunch menu is offered.)

The space in Lower Greenville is nice and cozy, and I was immediately happy because the minute we sat down, we were presented with two mini banana muffins. Score.


After gobbling up the mini-muffins, we were ready for more sweets and decided on the cinnamon pull-aparts.

We could not have made a better choice. I mean, just look at that gooey amazingness! It's basically a bunch of cinnamon bun-like dough, covered in walnuts, caramel, honey, and powdered sugar. They were very generous with the honey, and while that might make it too sweet for some people, too much honey is never a problem in my book. Delish.

John ordered the shredded oxtail and banana pepper hash, topped with two poached eggs and red wine demi-glace.

His dish smelled sooo good. I tasted a bit of the oxtail, which was super tender and flavorful, like it had been stewing for days. Ymmm.

I ordered the haystack: roesti potatoes, grilled tomatoes, half-scrambled eggs, muenster, avocado, and siracha. Party on my plate!!

The haystack blew me away. I don't even know where to begin. I took a bite and thought: wow, such light and crispy potatoes; wow, egg and muenster is still a kick-ass combo; wow, avocado makes everything better; wow, that siracha just adds the perfect little kick. Getting every layer in one bite, while physically challenging, is something you must strive for. Because I will say it again: wow.

So there you have it, folks. Believe the hype. This brunch in Dallas is not to be missed!


The Grape
2808 Greenville Avenue
Dallas, TX 75206
214.828.1981
The Grape on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. mmmm i am wooed by that goo from those pullaparts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I've been reading this blog for a while, but this is the first time I've commented.) The haystack sounds like an unexpected but delicious combination of offerings. But the cinnamon bun? Whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for reading, Sara! those pull-aparts were indeed ridiculously good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've been eating well in Dallas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i haaaaave, you and caitlin will have to visit so we can all go eat! :)

    ReplyDelete